Falken Brand Radial Tire Limited Warranty
Tires Covered by This Warranty.
This limited warranty applies to FALKEN brand steel belted radial passenger car and selected light truck tires bearing the complete description and serial number as required by the DOT. This warranty applies only to tires purchased after January 1, 2008. Tires purchased before that dated are subject to previous published warranties. This warranty is effective only for tires for which claims are made within five years of date of production, based on the tire DOT serial number.
What is Warranted and For How Long.
Material and Workmanship Warranty.
Every FALKEN brand radial tire is warranted against defects in material and workmanship for the life of the original tread, to 2/32” of the remaining tread depth.
If a tire becomes unserviceable due to such defect within the first 2/32” of tread wear; it will be replaced free of charge with a comparable FALKEN tire.
Thereafter, prorated adjustment credit to the customer will be given based on percentage of remaining usable tread depth, down to 2/32”. The amount of credit allowed is determined by multiplying the FALKEN dealer’s current selling price for an equivalent new FALKEN tire by the percentage remaining usable tread depth.
OUT-OF-ROUND or OUT-OF-BALANCE claims will be accepted for adjustment only during the first 1/32” of the original tread depth, and tires will be replaced free of charge with comparable FALKEN tires. A set of four (4) tires form the same vehicle will not be accepted for out-of-round or out-of-balance claims.
FALKEN brand radial tires noted below are warranted to achieve the following mileages before becoming worn out at 2/32” remaining tread depth. Prorated adjustment credit will be given based on percentage of mileage not achieved.
This mileage warranty is effective for normal highway use when all of the Owners Obligations (listed in Section 4) are met. It does not apply to designs not listed above, nor any snow tires.
|Passenger Car Tires:
||Miles / km
|ZE-912 (60 / 65 Series)
||65,000 / 104,650
|ZE-912 (55 Series and Below)
||40,000 / 64,400
|ZE-512 (60 / 65 Series)
||60,000 / 96,500
|ZE-512 (55 Series and Below)
||30,000 / 48,200
|Light Truck Tires:
|Radial A/P (P-metric Only)
||50,000 / 80,400
||50,000 / 80,400
||50,000 / 80,400
What is Not Covered (Exclusions).
- Unserviceability due to road hazards (cuts, snags, punctures, bruises, impact breaks, etc.) improper inflation, overload, irregular wear, wheel imbalance, defective vehicle mechanical components (i.e., brakes, shocks, rims) improper suspension alignment, accident, fire, chemical damage, chain damage, racing, off-road use, runflat, improper installation, vandalism, or abuse.
- Tires on any vehicles registered and normally used outside the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- Tires branded "NA" or having the DOT number removed.
- Tires presented for warranty claim by other than the original purchaser. This warranty is not transferable.
- Tires transferred to another vehicle from the one upon which they were originally installed.
- A tire whose failure is related to any previous damages and/or repairs.
- Any cost of tire repair or retreading is not covered by this warranty and will be solely borne by tire owner.
- The Mileage Warranty is not applicable if tires are used in commercial service, or determined at our sole discretion, have premature or irregular wear due to abusive service or defective vehicle mechanical conditions. Abusive service includes off road use, excessive mountain road driving, racing, or passenger car tires on pick-up, recreational or utility vehicles.
- At the time of purchase, the tire(s) must be properly installed, balanced, and air pressure set to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendation. At least monthly the owner must check air pressure with a gauge and reinflate to recommended level. Every 5,000 miles tires must be rotated. Staggard fitments are not covered by our mileage warranty, and the proof of compliance must be recorded on the Warranty Card.
- All warranty claims must be presented to an authorized FALKEN dealer.
- You must present your Warranty Card verifying mileage, rotation, proof of date and place of purchase, to make a Mileage Warranty claim. The name of the FALKEN dealer from whom the tires were purchased must be included on the form.
- You must pay any costs for mounting, balancing, or any other service charges, including applicable taxes.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE ABOVE PERIOD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FALKEN TIRE CORPORATION SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SUCH AS LOSS OF USE OF THE TIRE OR THE VEHICLE ON WHICH IT IS USED, INCONVENIENCE, OR COMMERCIAL LOSS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO FALKEN BRAND TIRES, AND SUPERCEDES THE TERMS OF ANY PREVIOUS WARRANTY. FALKEN NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANYONE TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER WARRANTY.
Limited Warranty For Falken Brand Wheels
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG:
WORKMANSHIP AND MATERIALS
Every Falken wheel is warranted against defects in manufacturing materials and workmanship for one (1) year. If during that period the wheel becomes unserviceable due to a covered manufacturing defect it will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Falken wheel.
Out-of-Balance or Out-of-Round claims will be accepted for warranty replacement only within the first 30 days of use, and only with no evidence of impact or other mechanism that may have damaged or distorted the wheel.
Falken wheels are warranted against deterioration of the surface finish for the following periods:
Chrome finish: three (3) years.
Painted finish: one (1) year.
If during those periods the wheel finish becomes deteriorated, discolored, pitted or blistered due to failure of the finishing process or materials, the wheel will be replaced free of charge with a comparable Falken wheel.
WHAT’S NOT COVERED – EXCLUSIONS:
- Wheels different from original may alter vehicle handling. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure that vehicle safety and performance are not adversely affected by wheel choice.
- Unserviceability or deterioration of wheels from damage by road hazards (impacts, abrasions, runflat), improper installation or tool damage, improper lug nut torque, overload, improper wheel choice for the vehicle, accident, chain damage, racing, off-road use, vandalism, or other abuse.
- Finish deterioration due to use of harsh cleaning chemicals or abrasives, or from surface scratches or abrasions by contact with curbs or other objects, or from exposure to roadway chemicals, or damage from tire mounting tools or machines.
- Wheels used on any vehicles registered and normally used outside the 50 United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada are not warranted.
- Wheels presented for warranty claim by other than the original purchaser. This warranty is not transferable. You must present a copy of your initial purchase invoice to make a claim.
- Wheels transferred to another vehicle than the one upon which they were originally mounted, if that transfer results in an improper application.
OWNERS OBLIGATIONS & MAKING A CLAIM
- At the time of purchase, wheels must be properly mounted, correct lug nuts used, lug nuts torqued to car maker’s recommendations, and air pressures set to recommended amount. At least monthly owners must check lug nut torque, and tire air pressure with a gauge and reset if required.
- All warranty claims must be presented to an authorized Falken wheel dealer, or to Falken if purchased directly.
- You must pay any costs for tire mounting an balancing, or other service charges and applicable taxes, for remounting the wheels if replaced under this warranty.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE ABOVE PERIOD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FALKEN SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SUCH AS LOSS OF USE OF WHEEL OR VEHICLE ON WHICH IT IS USED, INCONVENIENCE, OR COMMERCIAL LOSS. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THIS IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY APPLICABLE TO FALKEN BRAND WHEELS, AND SUPERCEDES THE TERMS OF ANY PREVIOUS WARRANTY. FALKEN NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANYONE TO ASSUME FOR IT ANY OTHER WARRANTY.
Tire Care and Maintenance
Click to download PDF
Falken Tire Application Information Plus Sizing / Load and Inflation Charts / Load Index & Speed Ratings
Customer satisfaction starts with choosing the right tire for the vehicle application and type of driving in which the customer will engage. This bulletin provides some of the basic information you will need to properly choose the size and type of tire to fit your customers needs.
Most modern cars, light trucks, and sport utility vehicles have labels or owner pamphlets that show original equipment tire sizes, vehicle weights and tire inflation recommendations.
But what do you do when the customer wants to change tire sizes to a “Plus” tire/wheel option? Not only must you consider choosing a tire that will maintain the overall diameter to ensure compatibility with ABS, speedometer and odometers, but also you must ensure the tire load capacity is equal to or above the replaced tire to ensure safe operation.
The technical data on the following pages will help you choose a proper replacement or Plus Fitment tire. Basic guidance for Plus Sizing is shown in the figure below.
Always ensure you check Plus Sizing choices for load and carrying capacity, inflation pressure changes that may be required and speed rating compatibility.
"Standard" Tire Specification Load (Lbs) and Inflation (PSI) Table
Based on ETRTO Data
"Reinforced" Tire Specification Load (Lbs) and Inflation (PSI) Table
Based on ETRTO Data
Note: “Reinforced” tires required 6 PSI added to carry the same loads as “Standard” tires.
Light Truck Tire Load and Inflation Chart
Tire Load Limits (LBS) at Various Inflation Pressures (PSI)
“Speed Symbol” – Indicates maximum speed rating at which tire can carry a load corresponding to its Load Index under specific service conditions.
** For tires with speed symbols W and Y, “ZR” may or may not also appear within the size designation. For tires with a maximum speed above 186 MPH, a “ZR” must appear in the size designation. Examples of similar size markings, with and without service descriptions, and showing different maximum speeds, are shown below: